<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Monday, May 02, 2005

That 90's Show...

I can feel You flowing through me
Holy Spirit come and fill me up
Come and fill me up

Love and mercy fill my senses
I am thirsty for Your presence Lord
Come and fill me up

Lord let Your mercy wash away all of my sin
Fill me completely with Your love once again
I need You, I want You
I love Your presence


Vineyard - Winds of Worship... those were the days... The song's so 'move in the Spirit', it's like totally pentecostal. Can still remember how ppl broke loose just praying in tongues, the Holy Spirit just manifesting. It was scary for some, for others it was God. I feel so mild now when I compare how much my church practised moving / praying / singing in the Spirit in Penang.

All of those were good... who can forget the various manifestations of the HS that I've seen and experienced. But what is mind boggling to me as I listened to this song wasn't the things I experienced in Penang Christian Centre. What amazed me was how far I've come since serving in the worship team there. Honestly, I think I've improved HEAPS in terms of my worship leading + bass and guitar playing. The journey seemed so long!

I really wanna thank God for giving me the opportunity to serve despite being so limited in my playing back in those days. Bass runs weren't smooth... my electric guitar playing was HORRIGIBLE... knowledge of electric guitar effects were so little. Yet God granted me the chance to play for a state-wide event on National Day... used me in National Assemblies of God AGMs... allowed me to lead state-wide combined Youth rallies.

Ya, I could've done much better if I knew then what I know now. But I guess God knew then what I know now. He knew I had to go through things to shape and mold me. Like Abraham, He set me on a journey and gave me no waypoints. When I look back, I realised I've changed a lot skill-wise.. but what never changed was my desire to be in awe of His presence as I worshipped. I may have lost, hurt, discouraged, stripped of hope... but it doesn't change the fact that He is the magnificent God. I understand now what Don Moen said in his album regarding the questions we have of why this person or that person wasn't healed, but it doesn't change the fact that God is a healing God.

I now have to look forward, to walk by faith that He is still the same God. The same God that will provide me with light on my pathway when I need it. I'm facing huge difficulties in that walk, I don't know how long I'll push on for. I really have to be very soft to His wisdom for me, His voice.

May the meditation of Your Word be the confession of my heart and mouth, Lord.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home