Obedience...
It's never easy to choose the path less taken. When you know God has placed something in your heart to pursue, there will be things that come to steal, kill and destroy it.
Deut 28:1-3
If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
Will I see my promise come to past in my lifetime? Am I willing to walk His way when I don't see? Friends, even if my God doesn't show up as I delight myself in Him I want to keep doing so, or at least try. I do not know how many more days, weeks, months I have left to live, I've always felt that I'll die young... but for now I want to live with no compromise.
I may be stupid or foolish for doing the things I'm doing now, but I want to know that I'll jump when He says, "Jump".. and only when He says that. I don't believe God will blame me cos I believe if I'm doing wrong He'll lovingly correct me. But this is what I see at the moment, the tools I have in my hand. The very things that He has given me today is all I have to make decisions for today. It's not easy, not one bit when you have much around you to be envious of. I have asked, "Why?".. and He hasn't spoken yet.
Yes, I do want to have a life consisting of a great career, thriving finances, wonderful wife and beautiful family. But if my life ends today with me being poor, alone, and a failure in the eyes of the world - I want my God to know that I did my best to please Him. "Abba, forgive me if I missed Your instructions and Your voice. I'm weary and I'm full of flaws, but use me Lord in spite of who I am, so that You may take credit. That many will see and fear, and put their trust in You."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Stern - No Compromise
Lord look into my heart, look into my life
Tell me what You see
I choose to walk the straight and narrow path
And not the way that's easy
A double-minded man cannot stand against the
storms of evil
So make my life a sacrifice keeping your commands
Chorus:
It is my prayer, and it is my cry
Place in my heart
No compromise
It is my longing, and it is my yearning
Place in my heart
No compromise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do I know what I am doing? Am I doing the right thing? I will only know when I reach the end of my journey on earth...
WillZ
Deut 28:1-3
If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
Will I see my promise come to past in my lifetime? Am I willing to walk His way when I don't see? Friends, even if my God doesn't show up as I delight myself in Him I want to keep doing so, or at least try. I do not know how many more days, weeks, months I have left to live, I've always felt that I'll die young... but for now I want to live with no compromise.
I may be stupid or foolish for doing the things I'm doing now, but I want to know that I'll jump when He says, "Jump".. and only when He says that. I don't believe God will blame me cos I believe if I'm doing wrong He'll lovingly correct me. But this is what I see at the moment, the tools I have in my hand. The very things that He has given me today is all I have to make decisions for today. It's not easy, not one bit when you have much around you to be envious of. I have asked, "Why?".. and He hasn't spoken yet.
Yes, I do want to have a life consisting of a great career, thriving finances, wonderful wife and beautiful family. But if my life ends today with me being poor, alone, and a failure in the eyes of the world - I want my God to know that I did my best to please Him. "Abba, forgive me if I missed Your instructions and Your voice. I'm weary and I'm full of flaws, but use me Lord in spite of who I am, so that You may take credit. That many will see and fear, and put their trust in You."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Stern - No Compromise
Lord look into my heart, look into my life
Tell me what You see
I choose to walk the straight and narrow path
And not the way that's easy
A double-minded man cannot stand against the
storms of evil
So make my life a sacrifice keeping your commands
Chorus:
It is my prayer, and it is my cry
Place in my heart
No compromise
It is my longing, and it is my yearning
Place in my heart
No compromise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do I know what I am doing? Am I doing the right thing? I will only know when I reach the end of my journey on earth...
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home