The Champion...
I watched Cinderella Man. A pretty good movie. One of the best I've seen in recent hours. A courageous man, they call him - they being the boxers that fought him. What was apparent was how he fought for his family, for survival, for what he believed in.
As I was watching the movie all I could think about was a man, a God I dearly love. He came, He lived, He gave, He healed, He comforted the weeping, He bled from the whip, He fought the walk up the hill, He lifted the cross, He was lifted up on the cross. If there was a person that gave me hope, it's Jesus. I don't have to fight anymore, He's done all the fighting for me.
Sometimes we go through tough patches in life, heartaches, financial difficulties, betrayal, a love that is not returned, hurts caused by the sins of others, and we wonder why God allowed it to happen to us. Yes, God came to give us life, and life abundantly. If that is all I believe God wants to do for me, then He is merely the billionaire that gave me a million dollars when I was jobless and asked me to get on with life.
What I find moving about my God is that every time I go thru a heartache, His heart aches with me. Every time I cry, He cries alongside me as though He's the one hurting. Every time I worry, He says "I understand" and holds my hand. When I dig into my pockets and find no money to pay the bills, I remember Him coming to earth as a carpenter's kid and at times I believe He went hungry. He was willing to be poor, so I can have a buddy that is poor. Heard the story of how the kid with cancer was embarassed cause his hair dropped because of chemo? All his frens decided to shave their heads, even the girls, to show him they understood. That's what our God did, and still does.
I believe many of us have a picture of God seated on the throne, crossing His legs and saying "I've done my part, now I'm just gonna sit back and relax and watch my children go through their lives." If you believe Jesus' dying on the cross transcends time, you better believe God still feels whatever you're feeling now.
If it helps, do this. Honestly confess to God how you feel.
"Lord, I'm lonely." - Picture Jesus walking in the midst of the crowd, and feeling like nobody knows what is on His mind, His disciples bickering about who's gonna be seated at the side of the throne. Now picture Jesus saying those words.
"Lord, I'm hurt. I loved but I was not loved in return." - Picture Jesus lugging the cross and looking at the ppl cursing Him along the road. The people He loved and left His glorious throne for. Now picture Jesus saying those words.
"Lord, my friend betrayed me, he/she said he/she was my friend yet he/she did this." - Picture Jesus at the garden that night, as Judas walked away after kissing Him. Now picture Jesus saying those words.
God felt all these things, and today as I go thru them, He still feels it. And He's my buddy, my companion thru it all. He fought so I'll have a guide when I fight. He's my Champion.
WillZ
As I was watching the movie all I could think about was a man, a God I dearly love. He came, He lived, He gave, He healed, He comforted the weeping, He bled from the whip, He fought the walk up the hill, He lifted the cross, He was lifted up on the cross. If there was a person that gave me hope, it's Jesus. I don't have to fight anymore, He's done all the fighting for me.
Sometimes we go through tough patches in life, heartaches, financial difficulties, betrayal, a love that is not returned, hurts caused by the sins of others, and we wonder why God allowed it to happen to us. Yes, God came to give us life, and life abundantly. If that is all I believe God wants to do for me, then He is merely the billionaire that gave me a million dollars when I was jobless and asked me to get on with life.
What I find moving about my God is that every time I go thru a heartache, His heart aches with me. Every time I cry, He cries alongside me as though He's the one hurting. Every time I worry, He says "I understand" and holds my hand. When I dig into my pockets and find no money to pay the bills, I remember Him coming to earth as a carpenter's kid and at times I believe He went hungry. He was willing to be poor, so I can have a buddy that is poor. Heard the story of how the kid with cancer was embarassed cause his hair dropped because of chemo? All his frens decided to shave their heads, even the girls, to show him they understood. That's what our God did, and still does.
I believe many of us have a picture of God seated on the throne, crossing His legs and saying "I've done my part, now I'm just gonna sit back and relax and watch my children go through their lives." If you believe Jesus' dying on the cross transcends time, you better believe God still feels whatever you're feeling now.
If it helps, do this. Honestly confess to God how you feel.
"Lord, I'm lonely." - Picture Jesus walking in the midst of the crowd, and feeling like nobody knows what is on His mind, His disciples bickering about who's gonna be seated at the side of the throne. Now picture Jesus saying those words.
"Lord, I'm hurt. I loved but I was not loved in return." - Picture Jesus lugging the cross and looking at the ppl cursing Him along the road. The people He loved and left His glorious throne for. Now picture Jesus saying those words.
"Lord, my friend betrayed me, he/she said he/she was my friend yet he/she did this." - Picture Jesus at the garden that night, as Judas walked away after kissing Him. Now picture Jesus saying those words.
God felt all these things, and today as I go thru them, He still feels it. And He's my buddy, my companion thru it all. He fought so I'll have a guide when I fight. He's my Champion.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home