<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

You are so beautiful to me...

Those who have spent a considerable amount with me would've probably come across times when I spoke about how pretty Penang is.. how it has the blend of both worlds, that it's the best place on earth.. and it's almost ideal for retirement.

I stumbled across this website http://penangpage.com and it has photos of my home! I will slowly give you guys a tour of Penang as I know it. There's even one section that has photos of FOOD!! The famous Penang food! My advice is to not browse the site by yourself as you may get lost and not know what the pictures are all about. The next few posts are gonna be pretty long but come along and join the ride!

Feast with your eyes y'all!

If I refer to a photo, I'll use codes like 1C. 1 being the first row, and C being the 3rd picture of that row.

First stop, my suburb! CLICK ME! And a general map view!
I grew up in this suburb called Tanjung Bungah, meaning "Cape of Flowers". From the general map, you can actually see where I live. Above the picture of the building you'll see the words "Lorong Lembah Permai 3". That's my street! A pretty busy road now that they built the TAR college campus there. NOISY during school hours! But quiet during the weekends. =)

The large picture on the Tanjung Bungah page is Crown Jewel Hotel. 5 minutes away from my house if you drive. You can see how near it is by checking it out on the general map, marked Crown Prince Hotel.. no-kiddingly near! Only 1 1/2 inches apart! The beach area is where I bring ppl to hang out. Had some pretty fun times with my CG there, had a long jump competition there too! Heather Tan won! Hahaha..

1C - Nope, that's not me. But it's really cool to know that I can go to the beach for a stroll anytime I want? Just a short drive away! Ppl in KL gotta go to Port Dickson, Singaporeans gotta go to Sentosa.. I have it virtually at my doorstep.. gotta appreciate it man..

2D - I got hydrophobia.. caught from a traumatic childhood nearly-drowned event.. I'd have loved water sports if I didn't.

3C - One of the shopping plazas near my place. But the supermarket there closed down already this year. My mom shops there a lot. =)

4A - Awww man... sweeeeet...

5C - Beach resorts.. more to come in the Batu Feringghi section.. but ya.. a group of them came up to Penang in 2002 and we played by the beach too! It was so fun! COME AGAIN DUDES and DUDETTES!

Closer to home

Next stop Hillside (Click ME!).. even nearer to where I live! Basically it's where I live la.. haha.. just no photo of my house only.

1A - Nice german restaurant.. my dad likes the sausages there. Maybank (partly hidden) is where I used to do my banking, but now they moved already.. I think.

1B - My friend's dad owns this petrol station. I pumped petrol there with her in the car before. No free petrol or discount. =( Haih.. friend her for what hor?? No benefits.. hehe

1C - 3rd shop from left = Jolyn's shop, co-owned by Joel. Sells fresh meat one.

2A - Used to play there while I wait for the burger stall fella to finish preparing my order.

2B - Banana garden?? Since when?? That place always close down one cos like no permit to operate a business. Supposed to be residential building.

3B - Another friend's father's shop. Always kena bully in Bas Sekolah one.. maybe his father lucky but not him.

3C - This road can go to my house one.

4A - This one also.

4B - This one also can.

5C - This one can too.

6A - This one if you make a right turn here, then a left turn.. then a left turn, then a right turn, then another left turn.. can reach my house also. You know, like the famous saying - "All roads lead to home."

6B - But this one cannot. If you just wanna walk up a slopey hill for evening exercises, this is the place to go.

5B - This is where Daniel Wan lives. See the white VW? That is sorta like in front of his house.

7B - Lim Wu, you know my shoe the sole come out oredi one? That was mended by this Jacob fella beginning of this year. Super cheap, 10 ringgit or less.

7C - Never buy things from them. So expensive! But last time this shop got video game machine so I always go there to slot my 20 cents.

8C - The latest models available in Penang. Ya ya, Penang's an ulu place what. First it's the VW outside Daniel's place, now this. Haha.. they belong to Victor Kam according to a post below the pics.

9A - But like in every movie, poor and ulu villages always got a tyrant with HUGE HOUSE and wealthy servants.

9B - The place so ulu, even the mobile phones have large immobile antennaes.

11A - Nice parks for nice people.

11B - This place I always come and photostat (not photocopy!) things during emergencies. 10 cents per copy! So expensive rite? Usually other places 3 cents only.

12A - This one is my friend's grandfather's road. Really one! Haha! Named after his grandad - Jalan Loh Poh Heng.. my friend's name is Loke Wen Wei but I know him as CaMeL and he knows me as WCHero (or Hero). Got to know this friend thru Yao Hua.

12B - This used to be the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) School. The place that I stay in used to be known as the Australian Village. Lots of Aussie air force personnels stay there one. They lived in my area before, so now I gotta return a favour and stay in theirs. Read the posts below the pics, lots of ppl actually liked Penang a lot eh.

13A - ?????? Anyone interested in moving to Penang already?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope y'all enjoyed the short tour.. it's amazing to read the comments they posted below the pics. So full of history! Now I know my home better!

Will post more comments on the other fotos when I can.. this is quite a bit for now =) Laterz!!


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home