NATO...
Realised my recent blogs are all filled with lyrics! It's just a phase man.. haha.. those who bling blongs would know how it feels like..
Anyway.. I do hope one day I'll be inspired again to bring some action back here. And do away with all the lyrical talk. No Action Talk Only makes Jack a dull boy.. but Jack doesn't read my blog so be prepared for more lyrics.. and more angst.
Gonna attempt to get some mango pudding/jelly/jello/dessert thing done today. First time ever! I never made dessert before... it's... EXCITING. With my kitchen asst Eileen Lee preparing the ingredients.. I think it should turn out alrite.. bring it on!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, here's some ACTION. Valentine's Day is coming up and it's another year of meaningless Valentine's to me. ** Everyone say "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".... Oh COME ON.. I can't hear you... one more time.. 1.. 2.. 3.. "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".. looks like dead crowd.. hey somebody just left the room **
For 95% of you reading my blog (ya.. I'm talking to you attached blokes and blokettes), here are some stories of how Valentine's day came to life.
1) During the 3rd century, Roman Emperor Claudius II decided that single blokes made better soldiers than married ones with young families. So he outlawed marriage for young blokes. St Valentine found out that it's really hard to tahan being single so he secretly married young lovers. When he was found out, Claudius cut off his head, took out his eyeballs and used the head as a bowling ball.
2) Valentine was in prison when he fell in love with a blokette.. some said it was the jailer's daughter.. let's hope it's not the jailer's wife.. or SON! Apparently she visited him during his imprisonment (SNEAKY!!!).. maybe like bring food or watever la. So before his death he wrote a letter to her, declaring his love for her.. and signed it off as "From your Valentine..." - an expression still used today even by primary school kids.
3) A bunch of blokettes were tired of tightarsed blokefrens, created this whole hoo haa during their underground blokette meeting.. and came up with this cunning idea of how to get flowers and chocs at least once a year..
The true origins of this V-day is debatable, however the good stories do indicate that this Valentine fella displayed heroic and most importantly romantic qualities..(sounds very familiar.. just like someone I know very well..)
So, what are YOU doing for Valentine's Day? I'll probably be at home.. watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire... and later on The Biggest Loser, and hopefully not feel like one. I might gather some singles and do something totally more exciting than roses and chocs... leave me a note or something if you wanna be my Valentinerette.
WillZ
Anyway.. I do hope one day I'll be inspired again to bring some action back here. And do away with all the lyrical talk. No Action Talk Only makes Jack a dull boy.. but Jack doesn't read my blog so be prepared for more lyrics.. and more angst.
Gonna attempt to get some mango pudding/jelly/jello/dessert thing done today. First time ever! I never made dessert before... it's... EXCITING. With my kitchen asst Eileen Lee preparing the ingredients.. I think it should turn out alrite.. bring it on!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, here's some ACTION. Valentine's Day is coming up and it's another year of meaningless Valentine's to me. ** Everyone say "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".... Oh COME ON.. I can't hear you... one more time.. 1.. 2.. 3.. "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".. looks like dead crowd.. hey somebody just left the room **
For 95% of you reading my blog (ya.. I'm talking to you attached blokes and blokettes), here are some stories of how Valentine's day came to life.
1) During the 3rd century, Roman Emperor Claudius II decided that single blokes made better soldiers than married ones with young families. So he outlawed marriage for young blokes. St Valentine found out that it's really hard to tahan being single so he secretly married young lovers. When he was found out, Claudius cut off his head, took out his eyeballs and used the head as a bowling ball.
2) Valentine was in prison when he fell in love with a blokette.. some said it was the jailer's daughter.. let's hope it's not the jailer's wife.. or SON! Apparently she visited him during his imprisonment (SNEAKY!!!).. maybe like bring food or watever la. So before his death he wrote a letter to her, declaring his love for her.. and signed it off as "From your Valentine..." - an expression still used today even by primary school kids.
3) A bunch of blokettes were tired of tightarsed blokefrens, created this whole hoo haa during their underground blokette meeting.. and came up with this cunning idea of how to get flowers and chocs at least once a year..
The true origins of this V-day is debatable, however the good stories do indicate that this Valentine fella displayed heroic and most importantly romantic qualities..(sounds very familiar.. just like someone I know very well..)
So, what are YOU doing for Valentine's Day? I'll probably be at home.. watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire... and later on The Biggest Loser, and hopefully not feel like one. I might gather some singles and do something totally more exciting than roses and chocs... leave me a note or something if you wanna be my Valentinerette.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home