<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The life of Brian...

Saw a TV program on the life of Brian Houston yesterday and was interviewing Brian, Bobbie, their children and Darlene. Their lives seem so blessed and unreal in terms of like "Whoa.. they really never imagined they would be doing this now!".

It reminded me that I was asked to post something about the brief moment playing in front of a thousand girls and having Darlene Z play air guitar in front of me. It seems.. unreal.

I was asked by Adrian Murley to hlp fill in the gap cos they had a high school girls' conference and needed a bassist. I reckon their regular bass players were all working cos it was a Thursday so I was the choice to take, a bass player that didn't work on a Thursday. Haha. He told me they were gonna play Salvation is Here. I tot ok, should b an easy song. Went home and played the song.. it reached the bridge and I was like "NO WAY". Massive bass guitar solo.. I had to cheat to play that part. As of now I still can't play that part well!

It was really cool playing with the CCK youth band. So many Malaysians in CCK! ABCs but all Msian blood. I think their team is like flawless la.. felt so unworthy to play with them in a sense.. cos it feels like I'm the one dragging their team down hahaha.. but it was a great experience - got to know the CCK ppl a lil bit. It was amazing cos I think the actual rehearsal itself was like no more than 1 hour? Ran thru the songs dat are familiar only once.. flawless... did Salvation is Here probably 2-3 times only.

The next morning the team met up with Darlene Z and David Holmes. She introduced herself to us so dat we know who she is (muahaha) and asked us not to be nervous =) We had a short 30 minit rehearsal with her but it was good.. David Holmes.. man! He's good! Really great music director that gets ppl into it man. The whole day was just great.. worshipping God and just enjoying leading ppl to Him. Ya, Darlene did some air guitar facing me in the bass solo bit. Hahaha.. I didn't even look at her much, couldn't take my eyes off the fretboard.

At the end of the day, it wasn't the "OOOOO.. Played for Darlene and with David Holmes.. WAHHH" bit that I took home. To me it was nothing to shout about. Just a wonderful experience being able to worship with one of the world's leading worship leader and songwriter. Just a wonderful experience learning from Australia's top Christian guitarist on how to direct music and enjoy playing for him.

What caught my heart was how our God is a God dat will bring us places we've never been when we dare to lay down our lives for Him. I've never dreamed about playing for such conferences with Darlene Z, David H and the CCK team when I was back in Penang. I remember Pastor Felix coming back from Hillsong and everyone was singing This Is My Desire (Lord I Give You My Heart). But I didn't even think of who Darlene was. I've never dreamed that I would be able to bless others (Aussies in this case) in this manner. God is a God that wants us to dream big, to reach for the impossible in His will,.. and when we do, He gives us more than what we expected from the start. I believe there's more to come for me.

You may be nothing on your own, but in God's hands He'll exceed ur expectations. You're never not good enough for Him to use. Don't compare yourself with others and say those ppl have got it all together. It's not like I've "got it all!" in my life.. man I'm so much under His grace you can't imagine it la.. my weaknesses are.. whoaaa.. haha.. you are never gonna be worthy enough for Him to use you. God is the one that makes us worthy and qualifies us.


WillZ

1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger wILz said…

    Well said, bro! I can still remember how you "forced" me to songlead in ISCA and how recluctant i was then. But looking back, I must really thank you for giving me the chance to serve Him, for believing in me.

    "You may be nothing on your own, but in God's hands He'll exceed ur expectations. You're never not good enough for Him to use. Don't compare yourself with others and say those ppl have got it all together."

    Double Amen for that! Thanks again, Willie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home