Will, I am your Father...
I am almighty God your Father
The risen son of man
The Healer of the broken
And when you cry
I am your Savior and Redeemer
Who bore the sins of man
The Author and Perfecter
Beginning and the End
I AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the most intimate moments you can ever have with God is to have Him intercede for you. It is said in Hebrews 7 and Romans 8 that God intercedes for us. If earthly fathers would want to take their children's place when they go thru pain, how much more our heavenly Father?
I'm pretty sure Jesus knew there was something He could do for us when He walked on earth. He died for our transgressions, our hurts, our pain... to give us hope, faith and love. Imagine this conversation that Jesus has with God the Father - "Can You see him? Can You feel what he is feeling tonight? Can You make him alright? Let me take his place, somehow... he's not just anyone... he's Your son..."
Before we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God was our Creator - whether we chose to believe in Him or not.
But when we were born again, He became our Father.
WillZ
The risen son of man
The Healer of the broken
And when you cry
I am your Savior and Redeemer
Who bore the sins of man
The Author and Perfecter
Beginning and the End
I AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the most intimate moments you can ever have with God is to have Him intercede for you. It is said in Hebrews 7 and Romans 8 that God intercedes for us. If earthly fathers would want to take their children's place when they go thru pain, how much more our heavenly Father?
I'm pretty sure Jesus knew there was something He could do for us when He walked on earth. He died for our transgressions, our hurts, our pain... to give us hope, faith and love. Imagine this conversation that Jesus has with God the Father - "Can You see him? Can You feel what he is feeling tonight? Can You make him alright? Let me take his place, somehow... he's not just anyone... he's Your son..."
Before we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God was our Creator - whether we chose to believe in Him or not.
But when we were born again, He became our Father.
WillZ
3 Comments:
At 7:35 AM,
g. said…
i suppose you mean god=Jesus no? cos like how can God the Father intercede for us? that'd be kinda impossible since the meaning of "intercede" is "1. To plead on another's behalf; 2. To act as mediator in a dispute." That kinda presupposes another party (or the judge) to whom an interceder is pleading to.. does this make sense or am i not getting something?
At 9:48 AM,
WillZ said…
Yes, that was what I meant. God = Jesus. Sorry I didn't make that clear as I typed it all in one paragrpah. We have intimate moments with Jesus, to have Him say, "I've taken your place, I'll defend you and fight for you" - that's an intimate moment for me. Hebrews 7 is about Jesus interceding for us, Romans 8 is about the HS interceding on our behalf. And our heavenly Father cares for us, loved us much, that He sent His only Son to take our place.
At 2:46 PM,
g. said…
:D yeah man.. hey ya know i was having this conversation with my jewish neighbour and he said the one thing he finds sacrilegous about christiniaty is the idea of god becoming man and that's something he can't get his head around cos God's so big and when we claim that a man is God we're dishonouring Him.. and then i think of john 3:16 and how we might never actually fully understand the kind of love that it claims.. so cool eh. christianity is so scandalous. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home