HAR?!
Ever had one of those "WHAT THE?!" days when something drops into your mind and you go "WHAT THE?!"...
You do not understand how that's gonna happen but you sorta know why. You argue with God... no wait... argue isn't the right word. You politely ask Him, "Surely You jest with me. Where got meaning? No logic lah. We talk about this later when the kids are in bed k?"
I don't see how it's gonna work out. Cos ya... it's just weird. But I'll sit back and see what He says. He will tell me more and i'll have my ears open.
He used a donkey to talk to Balaam. He used a fish to swallow Jonah. His ways are unconventional but His character and love remains the same. But the point is, He is in control and knows what He is doing even if it's weird.
Me? There's no way to run away from things. I'll just stick to whatever I'm doing and watch things unfold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really don't like arguments. Be it over something serious that would break relationships, or debating over something trivial that has potential to escalate. I rarely raise my voice to make the other person hear my point, so shouting in an argument to me is a no-no. Don't think I can remember the last time I did. I don't throw items across the room or physically threaten the other party. I dislike conflicts and ill-feelings toward another person. Because we don't express ourselves in an outwardly fashion, people who react like I do put a lot of weight in our words. We mean it when we say something. If I said something harsh I probably meant it, although it shouldn't be harsh but seasoned with love... and some replacement of words would be nice too. Along the same lines, if I said something out of love, I am probably declaring it aloud in my heart although I appear docile in my actions.
Sometimes people argue just because they want to have the last word, and perhaps the only way we can stop the debate is to let them have it. You know, the words "Let's drop it."... "Let's put it behind us."... "I'm sorry and if I said anything wrong I apologise." carry so little weight nowadays. Even when we actually mean it with all our hearts, with the intention of not damaging something that is beautiful or even bringing restoration to it. It's kinda surprising when we actually say those things out of the laying down of pride, and to have them discounted by others as meaningless.
The world has twisted things around. Gentle words aren't treated as gentle words anymore. "I'm sorry, I was wrong... you were right" sounds like a reply that has the intention of having the last word.
Maybe it's time to turn things around and see what our Creator says. Proverbs 15:1 - A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
I may not shout or scream or throw things around. But like every human being, I need to learn to filter my words and realise they carry so much weight. It is not the volume of my voice, but the volume of my words that stirs the heart of another. The next step is to use it for good, and not for evil.
And ya, I really dislike arguments.
WillZ
You do not understand how that's gonna happen but you sorta know why. You argue with God... no wait... argue isn't the right word. You politely ask Him, "Surely You jest with me. Where got meaning? No logic lah. We talk about this later when the kids are in bed k?"
I don't see how it's gonna work out. Cos ya... it's just weird. But I'll sit back and see what He says. He will tell me more and i'll have my ears open.
He used a donkey to talk to Balaam. He used a fish to swallow Jonah. His ways are unconventional but His character and love remains the same. But the point is, He is in control and knows what He is doing even if it's weird.
Me? There's no way to run away from things. I'll just stick to whatever I'm doing and watch things unfold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really don't like arguments. Be it over something serious that would break relationships, or debating over something trivial that has potential to escalate. I rarely raise my voice to make the other person hear my point, so shouting in an argument to me is a no-no. Don't think I can remember the last time I did. I don't throw items across the room or physically threaten the other party. I dislike conflicts and ill-feelings toward another person. Because we don't express ourselves in an outwardly fashion, people who react like I do put a lot of weight in our words. We mean it when we say something. If I said something harsh I probably meant it, although it shouldn't be harsh but seasoned with love... and some replacement of words would be nice too. Along the same lines, if I said something out of love, I am probably declaring it aloud in my heart although I appear docile in my actions.
Sometimes people argue just because they want to have the last word, and perhaps the only way we can stop the debate is to let them have it. You know, the words "Let's drop it."... "Let's put it behind us."... "I'm sorry and if I said anything wrong I apologise." carry so little weight nowadays. Even when we actually mean it with all our hearts, with the intention of not damaging something that is beautiful or even bringing restoration to it. It's kinda surprising when we actually say those things out of the laying down of pride, and to have them discounted by others as meaningless.
The world has twisted things around. Gentle words aren't treated as gentle words anymore. "I'm sorry, I was wrong... you were right" sounds like a reply that has the intention of having the last word.
Maybe it's time to turn things around and see what our Creator says. Proverbs 15:1 - A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
I may not shout or scream or throw things around. But like every human being, I need to learn to filter my words and realise they carry so much weight. It is not the volume of my voice, but the volume of my words that stirs the heart of another. The next step is to use it for good, and not for evil.
And ya, I really dislike arguments.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home