The world...
...is a cruel place after all.
After the whole headbutting incident by Zidane in the World Cup I'm left with an awful aftertaste of what football is really about. Play acting, derogatory insults, cheating and the putting down of others. Poor me, who thought that sports is all about sports, about how one human being can outperform another physically. Ya ya, it's a mental battle as well, but shouldn't it be a mental battle where the sportsperson battle with pushing their bodies to its full potential? Rather than trading insults and putting others down.
It's something I have to remind myself too. Very often in any sort of competitive sport or activity there are some fun trash talk. I think to choose the lesser of two evils would be to give comments about how I will be the winner and I'm the better in the competition,... rather than claim someone else is a loser, that they suck, they are ugly and I wish them all the bad luck.
While I may not change the world, I will try to change my world. And I hope that we'll all learn that the Bible mentions nothing about God wanting us to put others down. Instead we're asked to encourage, and leave the tearing down of the proud to Him. Everyone else in the world may continue to degrade the esteem of others to give themselves the edge, but I am not called to be like everyone else.
WillZ
After the whole headbutting incident by Zidane in the World Cup I'm left with an awful aftertaste of what football is really about. Play acting, derogatory insults, cheating and the putting down of others. Poor me, who thought that sports is all about sports, about how one human being can outperform another physically. Ya ya, it's a mental battle as well, but shouldn't it be a mental battle where the sportsperson battle with pushing their bodies to its full potential? Rather than trading insults and putting others down.
It's something I have to remind myself too. Very often in any sort of competitive sport or activity there are some fun trash talk. I think to choose the lesser of two evils would be to give comments about how I will be the winner and I'm the better in the competition,... rather than claim someone else is a loser, that they suck, they are ugly and I wish them all the bad luck.
While I may not change the world, I will try to change my world. And I hope that we'll all learn that the Bible mentions nothing about God wanting us to put others down. Instead we're asked to encourage, and leave the tearing down of the proud to Him. Everyone else in the world may continue to degrade the esteem of others to give themselves the edge, but I am not called to be like everyone else.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home