I am nothing...
Romans 12:3
Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really think I'm getting dumb and dumber - nope, not the movie... I've already got that, get it? Something is not right. Memory is fading. Quest for knowledge and the exercise of the brain is... ermm... I can't even think of a word. I can't do simple maths. I can't remember scientific names or facts. Can't remember birthdates. Names. Bible verses. Lyrics. Can't recall recipes.
How did it happen? At what age? When did it take a nosedive? Walls are closing in, something is eating into it all. I won't believe that all I have is just that, but is it really? I'm scared. Maybe I need a change of environment. Maybe I need to stop whining.
Do not be deceived by what you see. Don't be fooled by first impressions. Do not put me on a pedestal. Know me long and well enough and you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll see what I do not have. You'll see what I have - nothing.
Thank God He sees beyond abilities, charm, looks, skill, smarts, experience and attainable things that matter so much to others. If not I'd be last on His list. If that was the case even when I'm the last one in the queue I'd still have to shout "PICK ME! PICK ME!" to attract His attention.
So it's true Dad. I really am nothing without You. I have nothing without You. And when others say I am nothing, that's when You hold me close and whisper Your tender words. Thanks for being patient with me in this daily routine.
WillZ
Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really think I'm getting dumb and dumber - nope, not the movie... I've already got that, get it? Something is not right. Memory is fading. Quest for knowledge and the exercise of the brain is... ermm... I can't even think of a word. I can't do simple maths. I can't remember scientific names or facts. Can't remember birthdates. Names. Bible verses. Lyrics. Can't recall recipes.
How did it happen? At what age? When did it take a nosedive? Walls are closing in, something is eating into it all. I won't believe that all I have is just that, but is it really? I'm scared. Maybe I need a change of environment. Maybe I need to stop whining.
Do not be deceived by what you see. Don't be fooled by first impressions. Do not put me on a pedestal. Know me long and well enough and you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll see what I do not have. You'll see what I have - nothing.
Thank God He sees beyond abilities, charm, looks, skill, smarts, experience and attainable things that matter so much to others. If not I'd be last on His list. If that was the case even when I'm the last one in the queue I'd still have to shout "PICK ME! PICK ME!" to attract His attention.
So it's true Dad. I really am nothing without You. I have nothing without You. And when others say I am nothing, that's when You hold me close and whisper Your tender words. Thanks for being patient with me in this daily routine.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home