Scars...
Scars make our lives more interesting.
I was warming up some wedges for some frens last Friday night when I grilled my hand in the oven. I thank God I touched just the top of the oven and not the heating elements! I'd haf fainted on the spot if I did. Although it hurt for a couple of days, the pain has subsided. It has now bcome a 1 1/2 inch dark-coloured healing wound that will soon be a 1 1/2 inch scar - next to the half inch scar I caught with the same oven no more than a year ago. It's getting itchy too. =)
You know how sometimes we talk about the accidents we meet and we start showing each other scars?? (Sounds like Lethal Weapon.. but not in that manner ok..) Imagine how things would be if we didn't meet any accidents.. never been hurt by the tar road and had small stones stuck underneath the skin of ur palm. You'd haf no stories to tell. No exciting moments, no "wow.. dat's a bad injury.. so painful! here's mine.. u wanna see it?!"
No matter how bad ur injury is, if you survived u'd then live to tell a story. If you came out weak, it may b something to deter someone else from repeating the same injury. If you came out stronger, it may be an encouragement to someone else who just lost a limb, for them to know you survived and you're still going on in life. Either way you understand how the other person feels.
That's the same for emotional scars from the past. You have so much more to share. So much more to give others. You won't notice emotional scars if you don't focus on it too.
Scars make our lives more interesting.
WillZ
I was warming up some wedges for some frens last Friday night when I grilled my hand in the oven. I thank God I touched just the top of the oven and not the heating elements! I'd haf fainted on the spot if I did. Although it hurt for a couple of days, the pain has subsided. It has now bcome a 1 1/2 inch dark-coloured healing wound that will soon be a 1 1/2 inch scar - next to the half inch scar I caught with the same oven no more than a year ago. It's getting itchy too. =)
You know how sometimes we talk about the accidents we meet and we start showing each other scars?? (Sounds like Lethal Weapon.. but not in that manner ok..) Imagine how things would be if we didn't meet any accidents.. never been hurt by the tar road and had small stones stuck underneath the skin of ur palm. You'd haf no stories to tell. No exciting moments, no "wow.. dat's a bad injury.. so painful! here's mine.. u wanna see it?!"
No matter how bad ur injury is, if you survived u'd then live to tell a story. If you came out weak, it may b something to deter someone else from repeating the same injury. If you came out stronger, it may be an encouragement to someone else who just lost a limb, for them to know you survived and you're still going on in life. Either way you understand how the other person feels.
That's the same for emotional scars from the past. You have so much more to share. So much more to give others. You won't notice emotional scars if you don't focus on it too.
Scars make our lives more interesting.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home