Quiet pastures...
Any of you know what I love doing to escape the world? Picture David, a sherpherd boy, sitting under a shade, strumming the harp with his fingers, singing his thoughts to God. Then picture King David, the ruler of Israel, strumming the harp with his fingers, singing his thoughts to God.. about everything and anything.
That is what I wanna do. Since the days of my teens I've ran to Him always, with a guitar in hand, and a song at heart. There's a thought only He knows, there's a hope only He's seen, there's a desire only He feels. That's His gift to me, to be able to gain access into His presence and His heart by the bowing of my heart and the outpouring of His anointing. To write songs, to inspire others, to present to Him a devotion that strips myself of my own desires.. that's my gift to Him.
He desires so much more of me and for me. And I think I know what He wants me to do in my personal walk with Him. To run away, sit by His side, listen to His stories, laugh at His jokes, to find the better part.
Thanks Penny for sharing this verse :
Isaiah 50:10-11
Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the word of his servant?
Let him who walks in the dark,
who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on his God.
But now, all you who light fires
and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires
and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand:
You will lie down in torment.
Lord, hlp remind me not to device my own plans, or to walk my own way that I think will achieve Your plans for me. You have shown me time and time again how You've engineered situations and put things in my life. Let that be a reminder to me that You're a faithful and trustworthy Father. You've instructed me in Psa 37:4 that I have to delight myself in You.. and that is what I wanna strive to do. You know my desires Lord, I can either chase after them on my own or allow You to do it for me. Help me do the latter.
Gotta keep my feet running.. running.. running. It's amazing how God reminds us of promises He put into our hearts YEARS ago. And I've gotta keep praying, and learning more about Him, to recognise His voice again.
When He says jump! I'll say HOW HIGH?
When He says run! I'll say HOW FAR?
When He says give! I'll say HOW MUCH?
When He says dive! I'll say HOW DEEP?
WillZ
That is what I wanna do. Since the days of my teens I've ran to Him always, with a guitar in hand, and a song at heart. There's a thought only He knows, there's a hope only He's seen, there's a desire only He feels. That's His gift to me, to be able to gain access into His presence and His heart by the bowing of my heart and the outpouring of His anointing. To write songs, to inspire others, to present to Him a devotion that strips myself of my own desires.. that's my gift to Him.
He desires so much more of me and for me. And I think I know what He wants me to do in my personal walk with Him. To run away, sit by His side, listen to His stories, laugh at His jokes, to find the better part.
Thanks Penny for sharing this verse :
Isaiah 50:10-11
Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the word of his servant?
Let him who walks in the dark,
who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on his God.
But now, all you who light fires
and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires
and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand:
You will lie down in torment.
Lord, hlp remind me not to device my own plans, or to walk my own way that I think will achieve Your plans for me. You have shown me time and time again how You've engineered situations and put things in my life. Let that be a reminder to me that You're a faithful and trustworthy Father. You've instructed me in Psa 37:4 that I have to delight myself in You.. and that is what I wanna strive to do. You know my desires Lord, I can either chase after them on my own or allow You to do it for me. Help me do the latter.
Gotta keep my feet running.. running.. running. It's amazing how God reminds us of promises He put into our hearts YEARS ago. And I've gotta keep praying, and learning more about Him, to recognise His voice again.
When He says jump! I'll say HOW HIGH?
When He says run! I'll say HOW FAR?
When He says give! I'll say HOW MUCH?
When He says dive! I'll say HOW DEEP?
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home