<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Duet...

Can still recall the duets I had singing this song.. seems so long ago. Was a real privilege to sing it with one of the ppl that I think has a truly beautiful voice (use it for His glory always bro, you'll be amazed how our talents become so much more alive and powerful with God's anointing). It was really fun singing and ministering to ppl thru songs, and I can still remember what I said to the congregation before singing this song.

"Sometimes we know that God is in control. We read it in His Word, people encourage us and we're constantly telling ourselves He is. But today as you listen to the song we're about to share, let that knowledge shift several inches from your head to your heart. Cos that is where we truly KNOW God is in control."

Truth - God Is In Control

VERSE 1:
Does it seem like the world is chaoticly turning?
Sin and shame unarraigned and godly men are adjourning?
Well our fathers warned that it would come to this
But just hold your hat and know that the final truth is

CHORUS:
God is in control
Though godless men conspire, His will unfolds
Though mortal minds are sometimes left to doubt
His ways are higher than our ways
So even through the fire
Take heart and know, God is in control

VERSE 2:
Does it seem like your world is a maze of confusion?
Do you long for the day when problems meet their solutions?
Well I know sometimes life's line feels unsecure
But the saints who held on before would charge you to rest assured

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time I was ministered to by this song was when I was in Form 3. I was called up by a teacher claiming I had cheated in an exam by letting the guy in front of me copy my English paper. My English paper was the only paper my classmate would copy in order to get higher marks. Well, I do not know if the person peeked at my answers or not. I was just doing my paper like I normally would and I've stopped cheating in exams when I was in Form 2. The teacher wanted me to admit conspiring with the other guy, something I didn't do. And the guy who allegedly copied my paper ponteng school that day and wasn't there to admit his wrong to get me off the hook.

Well, being a prefect I knew if the case was charged and I was found guilty, I'd be thrown into the green pants everyone else was wearing. No more smart dressing with a tie on. Nobody wanted to be sacked from prefectship in Chung Ling. It's like a massive no no. It meant you've committed a huge crime and even gangsters wouldn't wanna recruit you after dat, cos u r DUM, u r LU-ZARH.

I went home and somehow listened to this song. Though godless men conspire, His will unfolds. Though mortal minds are sometimes left to doubt. That night I cried. I cried because I felt comforted by God. Even if I was sacked as a prefect for something I did not do, God is still in control. Well, the teacher believed me in the end. Good, cos I was sorta like his favorite student. I was every English teacher's favorite student I guess.

10 years after, I've changed so much - but my God hasn't changed as one that is in control. The message of the song still remains powerful and true. As much I strived to hit that high note singing the song, let us continually strain towards the assurance that God is never.. NEVER out of control.

Be blessed.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home