<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

In times of suffocation...

...make room for God.

More than often we tend to be guided by our emotions and we tend to interpret things on our own and think too much. Ok, maybe not you sanguines but the mels know what I'm saying. ;) But ya, at times like these we feel like ending our lives (probably not in a suicidal way) and going to heaven to escape it all.

But there's a Biblical way to handle this. Psa 22:3 proclaims that God is enthroned in our praises. Praise creates a vacuum for God to fill in the midst of our confusion. Praise is not about emotions, BUT praise does create emotions.
So when we feel sad, bad, fat; depressed, oppressed, suppressed; confused, reduced, bemused; we praise God. Meditate on His Word. A great verse to know is below :-

Phil 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! - The Message

We always think "rejoice" is about a smile, lalala, happiness and feeling very satisfied with whatever we're going through. But this "rejoice" here is about celebrating God, revelling God, delighting and gladdening ourselves in God - rather than in the situation. The focus is so much on our hope in God. Delighting in bad things is just being plain morbid, not rejoicing. We'll pull through (and excel!) our emotionally low moments by making room for God to sit with us.

I wanna break into praise when I don't feel like it. I want to make it a habit and a natural response. I wanna shake the prison walls down. REJOICE!


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home