<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Surely you jest with me...

I kinda like this phrase. I think I will use it when I go back to Malaysia.

Friend : "Eh that day I was at Prangin Mall, I walk walk ar, I saw this ah pek like siau siau already one la. He was like putting 50 ringgit on ppl's car windscreens, a lot of people go take lor. I also got. I collect 150 ringgit lor. Nearly got into a fight somemore."

Me : "Surely you jest with me!"

Friend : "?????? What talking you?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But ya... was asked by my principal yesterday if I could give them more hours as they will be requiring a lot more of my services this year.

She : "...is it ok with you give us more hours?..."

Me in my heart with a grin : "Surely you jest with me.. takkan I say nokay?"
Me out of my mouth with a straight face : "Hmm... I'm pretty sure that can be arranged... shouldn't be a problem. I think the consultants' proposal was really good."

Well, basically my school engaged an IT consultant group to do a study, and came up with a 3 year strategic plan to give the school an idea of what best practice models look like in terms of ICT in education. They got so excited about it (so did I, more hours who not excited right) and met me straightaway after the consultant's meeting to discuss plans and offered me more hours. And of course I fueled their excitement when I gave them some ideas of what can be implemeted if I were given more hours. It's good stuff. They might be thinking of making the IT Tech's job a fulltime one next year. Hmm, maybe I'll hang on to this job for a while more eh? A lot to learn cos they are really moving fast in education. They've got a new building coming next year and will really be pumping a lot of resources into getting the IT stuff done properly. Imagine being able to participate in such a project - IT management of a new facility which includes a whole computer lab, server room, managed switches and more. I'm excited.

Well, kudos to Princes Hill Primary. I think you guys will be the cutting edge school in terms of ICT integration; you focus much on the sustainability of such visions and results will be good.

So ya, Father... You know my heart and You really are interested in my well being in all aspects. Seek Your desires first, and You will meet my needs and desires in due time - help me keep the faith. Thanks Dad.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home