<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Monday, October 11, 2004

Weather talk..

Talking about the weather is something you don't wanna do a lot. Ppl call it small talk. It's something you talk about to strangers or when you run out of topics.

A : Ya, I think your brother shouldn't have done that to you too.
B : Sigh, what to do.

.....(silence)
.....(more silence)


B : Nice weather today huh?
A : Ya.

BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER THIS WEEK?

Crazy! How can it be? 30C max!?! 32C max?!?

Imagine.. the min for tuesday is 16C.. max is 32C.. that's a whopping 16C difference in temperature. Leave a cup of water on the table at 15C room temperature and drop it down 16C. You get a frozen chunk of ice.

Then it drops down to a max of 19C on Thursday.. I have a feeling I'm gonna fall sick one of these days. Grrr.

On another note..

Been on quite a funny (weird kinda funny, not the willie funny kinda funny) journey the past 2 months. My thoughts on certain things have been like the recent Melbourne weather. Things I've perceived in my life and others' gave me sleepless nites, restless sleeps, disorganised life, unwashed pots and pans, a messy house.. (sorry Mun Keong.. haha)

Yet I have to trust in Him. Brings back the verse I held on to when I went through an experience that I'd say "felt worse than eating shit".

Habakkuk 3:17-19

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD ,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights."


The prayer and cry of my heart for now is taken from the first verse of the same book and chapter..

"LORD , I have heard of Your fame;
I stand in awe of Your deeds, O LORD.
Renew them in my day."


God has brought me this far. My past shouts His fame. I stand in awe of His deeds. Though I am not able to see beyond my thoughts and feelings at all, and nothing else sparks the flame of hope - I've got to make myself trust and depend on Him.

To you, you, you, you, and yes you. Y'all know who you are. You know you need this. You know you stand in awe of His deeds. You need to know He will renew them in His time.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home