To owe or not to owe...
I'm reminded once again, that I do not owe God anything.
If I did not earn my salvation, I do not owe Him anything for receiving it either. When someone gives you something as a gift, you don't owe them anything. If something is given to you 100% free, you are not obligated to give anything back in return.
I'm reminded that when I give something to God, it is because I love Him and want to allow the love relationship to grow. It's my love language to God.
We know God loves us unconditionally, but do we love Him likewise? Do we give something to Him so that He would then owe us something, and out of that He blesses us, and gives us the desires of our hearts? Do I give a love that's 100% free to God?
In Mark chapter 10 Jesus relates how hard it is for humans to enter the kingdom of God. In fact He says in verse 27 that "with men, it is impossible". It is IMPOSSIBLE to enter the kingdom of God! Earlier on in verse 17 a rich young man asked Jesus what does it take to have eternal life. Jesus then asked him if he knew the commandments, and the young man said he has kept them since his youth! Imagine this, this fella has done whatever that needs to be done.. yet it doesn't earn him a place in the Lamb's Book of Life. Men's effort is futile, it is impossible. "..but not with God, with God all things are possible."
Yet, I do not owe Him anything for making the impossible possible. He IS awesome.
WillZ
If I did not earn my salvation, I do not owe Him anything for receiving it either. When someone gives you something as a gift, you don't owe them anything. If something is given to you 100% free, you are not obligated to give anything back in return.
I'm reminded that when I give something to God, it is because I love Him and want to allow the love relationship to grow. It's my love language to God.
We know God loves us unconditionally, but do we love Him likewise? Do we give something to Him so that He would then owe us something, and out of that He blesses us, and gives us the desires of our hearts? Do I give a love that's 100% free to God?
In Mark chapter 10 Jesus relates how hard it is for humans to enter the kingdom of God. In fact He says in verse 27 that "with men, it is impossible". It is IMPOSSIBLE to enter the kingdom of God! Earlier on in verse 17 a rich young man asked Jesus what does it take to have eternal life. Jesus then asked him if he knew the commandments, and the young man said he has kept them since his youth! Imagine this, this fella has done whatever that needs to be done.. yet it doesn't earn him a place in the Lamb's Book of Life. Men's effort is futile, it is impossible. "..but not with God, with God all things are possible."
Yet, I do not owe Him anything for making the impossible possible. He IS awesome.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home