Refinement...
When you think you've had enough, dat you've come to a point where all is said and done... God refines you more by putting you in the right place and the right time.
Coming home to Penang has really made me even more aware of the responsibilities and decisions that God wants me to take on as a man.
Pros and cons that can only be weighed in the eyes of God,
a life of expectancy and mystery that God has placed before me,
there's a way that seems complacent, comfortable, content..
there's another that seems dangerous, exciting, unknown..
one makes me dull...
the other makes me alive...
The analogy I can give myself is this... it's like driving to a destination.
One is a highway - broad and straight. You know wat's coming ahead.. u know wat to expect.. you know where the next rest stop is, u know the toilets are clean and the flush works, u know how much to pay for the toll. But driving along this road for hours can make u sleepy.. you can set urself to go on auto-pilot... you long to speed up but the speed limit constraints u.
The other is a trunk road - narrow and winding. You don't know where the next bend is, you donno if a dog will run across the road, you don't even know wat you expect to haf will b there. But on this road you have to set your own speed limits for your own good, you need wisdom on how much to turn, how fast you should go. It keeps you awake and alert. There's a greater sense of adventure.
Which should I choose?
The most tempting part of Route 1 is dat I'll get to the destination experiencing the things I know will take place; like it says in the itenary. In Route 2, I don't know if there ever will be a good makan stall, a good rest stop, the comforts of life.
A part of me wants to b certain of things, of the good facilities and the comforts of life. Another part of me knows I want to live on the edge and experience the excitement. The thing is, there's nothing wrong in choosing either routes.
I'm torn. Really torn.
The hardest part is knowing I haf the tendency to choose Route no.2. It scares me, as much as hate to admit it. I don't want to regret that I chose Route 1 over Route 2 when I die, and vice versa. At the end of the day I hope I'll b able to truly say..
Two roads diverged in a wood and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I pray that God will guide me with the decisions I have to make. To be able to tell which desires are His and which of them are mine. And whether it is wrong to pursue mine if they are not impure. So many factors influencing the decision making process.
Bring me to another level, Lord.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All men die, but few men really live.
WillZ
Coming home to Penang has really made me even more aware of the responsibilities and decisions that God wants me to take on as a man.
Pros and cons that can only be weighed in the eyes of God,
a life of expectancy and mystery that God has placed before me,
there's a way that seems complacent, comfortable, content..
there's another that seems dangerous, exciting, unknown..
one makes me dull...
the other makes me alive...
The analogy I can give myself is this... it's like driving to a destination.
One is a highway - broad and straight. You know wat's coming ahead.. u know wat to expect.. you know where the next rest stop is, u know the toilets are clean and the flush works, u know how much to pay for the toll. But driving along this road for hours can make u sleepy.. you can set urself to go on auto-pilot... you long to speed up but the speed limit constraints u.
The other is a trunk road - narrow and winding. You don't know where the next bend is, you donno if a dog will run across the road, you don't even know wat you expect to haf will b there. But on this road you have to set your own speed limits for your own good, you need wisdom on how much to turn, how fast you should go. It keeps you awake and alert. There's a greater sense of adventure.
Which should I choose?
The most tempting part of Route 1 is dat I'll get to the destination experiencing the things I know will take place; like it says in the itenary. In Route 2, I don't know if there ever will be a good makan stall, a good rest stop, the comforts of life.
A part of me wants to b certain of things, of the good facilities and the comforts of life. Another part of me knows I want to live on the edge and experience the excitement. The thing is, there's nothing wrong in choosing either routes.
I'm torn. Really torn.
The hardest part is knowing I haf the tendency to choose Route no.2. It scares me, as much as hate to admit it. I don't want to regret that I chose Route 1 over Route 2 when I die, and vice versa. At the end of the day I hope I'll b able to truly say..
Two roads diverged in a wood and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I pray that God will guide me with the decisions I have to make. To be able to tell which desires are His and which of them are mine. And whether it is wrong to pursue mine if they are not impure. So many factors influencing the decision making process.
Bring me to another level, Lord.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All men die, but few men really live.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home