Dare to care...
Proverbs 14:20
~ The poor are shunned even by their neighbors, but the rich have many friends.
Matthew 5:44,46-48
~ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.. ..If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
I love these verses. Everyone loves rich people. They are so easy to love, fun to be with, their blessings overflow.. oh how nice to be splashed by the sprinkles of blessing. I can so picture how low socially rich people will go when they one day lose their wealth and have nothing to offer.
Today I'll draw a simple parallel of this to something closer to heart. Everyone loves problem free people. People who cause you no trouble. "Oh he/she is so nice! So helpful!" In fact they are always jovial, smiling and making others feel warm. "They are such a blessing!", you hear. They always have a good word to share, an encouraging "YOU GO GIRL!". The first to greet you at the door and say "How are you????!!!". Everybody loves Raymond don't they. They are just so 'rich'! You feel so blessed being with them!
One day something happens, and they are hit by something that grips their hearts. It knocks them out of orbit and they are momentarily caught in the rut. The smile fades a lil, they start to question life. You know on the surface what they are going through. But you dare not ask, cause it will cost you something to care. They do not spill out encouraging words anymore, they even forget to hold the door for you to walk in. "Someone will care one la.. he/she got so many friends la.. why should it be me?" They walk around with their heads hung low and a smile downside up. The 'rich' has become 'poor', even the 'neighbours' shun them.
I am thankful to those who stood by me when I became poor. Those who knew without even me telling. Those who don't say cliche things like "Don't think about it too much." "Aiya, it's nothing one la!" "Don't be like that!". Those who agreed with me that what I'm going thru is shitty and sighed with me. Those who they themselves are 'poor' and understood. Those who are 'rich' but gave it up to be my companion. Those who know there are ups and downs in life and gave me a chance to fail. Those who were sweet enough to tell me they loved me cos I'm 'poor'. Those who allowed me to lament, to grunt, to mourn. Those who told me "I did that too when I was poor! I'll be there for you k?" And they REALLY WERE THERE. Those who gave me time to rest and made it clear that I'm not on a pedestal. Those who didn't expect modal answers from me. Those who knew I became poor and still hung out with me in broad daylight.
It will be long long time before I regained my 'wealth' again, but I thank God that doesn't matter to you. You are a special bunch. And there's only a handful of you around. You know who you are... and now I do too. Congratulations,.. you may not have healed a leper but you have loved one. You have shown me His perfect love.
WillZ
~ The poor are shunned even by their neighbors, but the rich have many friends.
Matthew 5:44,46-48
~ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.. ..If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
I love these verses. Everyone loves rich people. They are so easy to love, fun to be with, their blessings overflow.. oh how nice to be splashed by the sprinkles of blessing. I can so picture how low socially rich people will go when they one day lose their wealth and have nothing to offer.
Today I'll draw a simple parallel of this to something closer to heart. Everyone loves problem free people. People who cause you no trouble. "Oh he/she is so nice! So helpful!" In fact they are always jovial, smiling and making others feel warm. "They are such a blessing!", you hear. They always have a good word to share, an encouraging "YOU GO GIRL!". The first to greet you at the door and say "How are you????!!!". Everybody loves Raymond don't they. They are just so 'rich'! You feel so blessed being with them!
One day something happens, and they are hit by something that grips their hearts. It knocks them out of orbit and they are momentarily caught in the rut. The smile fades a lil, they start to question life. You know on the surface what they are going through. But you dare not ask, cause it will cost you something to care. They do not spill out encouraging words anymore, they even forget to hold the door for you to walk in. "Someone will care one la.. he/she got so many friends la.. why should it be me?" They walk around with their heads hung low and a smile downside up. The 'rich' has become 'poor', even the 'neighbours' shun them.
I am thankful to those who stood by me when I became poor. Those who knew without even me telling. Those who don't say cliche things like "Don't think about it too much." "Aiya, it's nothing one la!" "Don't be like that!". Those who agreed with me that what I'm going thru is shitty and sighed with me. Those who they themselves are 'poor' and understood. Those who are 'rich' but gave it up to be my companion. Those who know there are ups and downs in life and gave me a chance to fail. Those who were sweet enough to tell me they loved me cos I'm 'poor'. Those who allowed me to lament, to grunt, to mourn. Those who told me "I did that too when I was poor! I'll be there for you k?" And they REALLY WERE THERE. Those who gave me time to rest and made it clear that I'm not on a pedestal. Those who didn't expect modal answers from me. Those who knew I became poor and still hung out with me in broad daylight.
It will be long long time before I regained my 'wealth' again, but I thank God that doesn't matter to you. You are a special bunch. And there's only a handful of you around. You know who you are... and now I do too. Congratulations,.. you may not have healed a leper but you have loved one. You have shown me His perfect love.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home