<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Monday, February 14, 2005

Laundry list... HAHA...

In the spirit of piracy and illegal downloads, I've decided to plagiarise a lil bit from a fren's blog. Thanks Gracey Meowgal for that. No I'm not asking permission, just informing you of this daylight robbery. ME? Reduced to just another FELLOW SINGLETON? *tsktsk*.. Here goes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend I bumped into an old old friend at mph gurney, whom I've not seen in ages. After the initial greetings and "how are your brothers and family?" talk, the inevitable question was asked.
"So... (sizeble length ending with two-second-pause..), got boyfriend already or not?"

(Digression)
Why do people keep asking that? Why do I ask that too? What is it about love, courtship, romance, sex, marriage and everything from that Department which makes our ears perk up, our eyes brighten, our hearts flutter and giggle with glee whenever we hear breaking news from that circuit. Regardless of age, sex, culture, looks, religion or other variables, everyone has a thing for love, except maybe the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. It's almost true what they say, that love makes the world go round...

I shyly smiled, almost blushed, and said, "Nola.. boh lang ai.." (hokkien, literally translated means "nobody wants")

Sayeth the man: "HAiya.. of course la.. you so picky ma! Go look for guy also use laundry list.. tick tick tick wan... how to get boyfriend like that?"

For those unfamiliar with Malaysian English, what he meant was that my failure in snagging a boyfriend is due to picky-nes and list of "ideal man traits" as long as a laundry list. No idea why he used laundry instead of shopping list. Don't know anyone who does their laundry with a list.

Me (rather lamely):"No mar.. I really don't wanna marry Jesus. I just want a guy with a sense of humour.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHAHAHA. Loved this one meow. No idea why your fren chose laundry list too. And I thought I was one of the weirdest of your frens. Maybe he has a list of things he steals from other ppl's laundry. "FILA shirt"... found it! TICK.. "PINK BRA"... found it! TICK.. "WHITE SOCKS STAINED WITH RED DYE"... red dye.. red dye.. found it! TICK..

Good one oldbie, ya, I'm not looking for Jesus with female skin on either.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home