<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

A mother's love...

Getting an SMS while driving is a weird thing, especially if your mobile is in your pocket. Because you actually received it while driving, there's a sense that it's important... and there's a certain kind of panic. But this time it was different. This time tears rolled down when I read the message. Its content was just like any other normal message... no good news, no bad news. Just a message of love. A mother's love.

I must admit I happen to be one of the fortunate ones to grow up with a loving and caring mom... mom's love is irreplaceable - to me at least. If there's a close example of what unconditional love is, it would be my mother's love.

At the right moment, the simplest of messages would tug at the heart. Who else would text me just to ask if my red wine chicken soup turned out alright? Who else miles and miles away would care if my friends enjoyed a meal? Who else would care whether sleeping late would affect my health? Who else would bother buying me vitamins knowing my liver and health isn't in good condition? Who else would take it personally when I am hurt? Who else would sacrifice their savings just to put a smile on my face? Who else would rescue me from drowning?

What mattered to others didn't matter to her. When it didn't matter to others it mattered to her. Mom's love doesn't expect anything in return. Which other woman would forgive you if you forgot her birthday? It didn't matter to her whether I could play the guitar or sing or fix computers. It doesn't matter to her whether my jokes are funny or not. It doesn't matter to her if I got angry at her cause she'd be patient and her love covers all wrongs. It didn't matter to her whether I was a leader or a follower, she would never put me on a pedestal. It didn't matter what my flaws were.

Who else would buy you an alarm clock as a birthday present because you wanted one for the longest time? Even if it was a pasar malam one? Who else would cook or teach you how to cook your favorite dish? Who else would impart values that matter in a marriage to her children from a young age? Who else would remind you that blessings from God is for the family and to bless others? Who else would lovingly show you that relationships are more important than money? Who else would pray and read the Bible with you when you're a little kid? To teach a child the ways of the Lord so that he may not depart from it when he grows up? Who else would hold back tears, and be a comforter even when she has tears of her own to shed? Who else would melt your heart over the phone when you're feeling blue, with a simple, "Hi dear, how are you?"? Who else would petition to God on behalf of someone for years?

The list could go on and on. She's not perfect but she's my mom. She probably was the first person who sang to me and spoke words of love to me even before I was born. Perhaps that's why I can never mistaken her voice even on the phone. She held me when I was a tiny little baby and till today, I may have grown, but I'd never be able to outgrow her love for me.

Who else on earth would love me for being me?

Perhaps...
Mom is patient, mom is kind. Mom does not envy, does not boast, is not proud. Mom is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, mom keeps no record of wrongs. Mom does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Mom always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Mom never fails.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home