2 more weeks...
I'm bored. And I've got 2 more weeks of time to kill. I killed 2 hours of it watching Collateral after dinner. I've not seen an Asian that I know for a day. Haha.
Nextnext week at this time, I'll still be bored. But at least I'll be home in Penang. I've got my parents to bug. I've got my grandma to tease. I've got a fat chubby dog to hug. I've got the 3 ringgit chinese burger to buy. WAIT, it's Tuesday nite. He doesn't open stall on Tuesdays. Bcause there's PASAR MALAM.
There's this lady at the pasar malam that is into charity. Why? Cos she GIVES SO MUCH FOR HER WAN THAN MEE! My fren warned me never to order extra noodles one. But I wanted to give her a shot.. and I regretted. She served enough noodles to keep for 3 meals (instead of saying 'a lifetime', '3 meals' la.. realistic la ya). The amount of wantan she give ar... wahhh.. ok ok.. in a nutshell - It'S A lOT!!! And you know how much I eat one rite?
My fren ask me to bring the noodles back to the aunty n say, "Oi ah ee, lu siau liau ar? hor anh neh zhe.. jiak si lang ar? hoi yo..."
(Rough translation : "Oi aunty, u crazy liau izzit? give so much.. want humans to die from eating it ar? hoi yo...")
Yup, and I'll go buy the fried sotong balls, 5 for 2 ringgit. If i'm in an unhealthy mood I'll buy the fried chicken skin.. damn oily n disgusting.. but syok!!
And the mini murtabak for 1.50.. that one buy n keep for supper at 2am. And I'll buy like maybe 3 bottles of head n shoulders shampoo, imported (maybe smuggled) from Thailand.. for like maybe 10 ringgit per bottle.
Buy the AAA Sony batteries for like 4.50 ringgit for 4. (Again, could b smuggled or stolen one)
Will look around for small little nifty toys. Gadgets like.. ermm.. the laser pointer pens, super cheap. Ok, for those who do not know, I actually spend very little in Melbourne one. For those who know, right or not???? But in Penang ar.. I actually dun mind spending money on things dat i like one.. cos it's CHEAP. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. I usually dun spend money on things dat are more than 10 ringgit la, but imagine buying 10 things that cost less than 10 ringgit.. could amount to like 100 ringgit in a day u know. Oklarrrrr.. to some of you it's still so little.. ahhhh.. forget it. My policy is this, why spend more for something if you can spend less for the same thing? n maybe a better one? The thing is, I got frens who enjoy the same thing too! They are my Barnabases, encouragers of the bigandcheap principle.. =)
There's this fella Alex that knows where to get all these elcheapo stuff. He's the one that brot me n gang to just hang out in a hotel lobby bcos got air cond. When the guard comes ar, he just tells him "We wanted to go to the pub downstairs, but not open. So since we're already here, we decided to just sit around a bit." Which is true! If the pub is OPEN, we'll just say, "We didn't really like the environment there after a while, so decided to come up and sit instead." Which is ALSO true! Can't win la they all..
I can't wait to meet up with my friends! Leslie, Alex and Terry-boy.. Let's go western Foo and eat James food! Where else in the world do they give u brown sos, chicken chop sos, black pepper sos and tartare sos with Chicken Cordon Bleu? hahahaha... 2 more weeks till the "tok kok no.1s" meet up again.. I'm 25 now, but everytime we meet I feel like I'm 17 again.. too bad KewlZ and 1e can't b ard..
Can't wait to meet up with Serene, Jocelyn, Ching Wei and Xe Hui again... Chilli's lagi ke? MAHAL le tempat tu.. tukar lain ya?
These gals rock.. Feb this year all it took was one fon call a night before and they were willing to sacrifice their time to come from all over just to meet me. I'm honored. Summore Jocelyn fell sick that very night! haihhh..
Really hope I can make a trip to KL to meet y'all.. beauties and the beast.. This time things will be so different eh? ;)
Ok... 2 more weeks for me to dig out my Penang suit.. can't blif life is so different in Melbourne and Penang.
Sorry if this post makes no sense to a majority of you reading it.. but I'm just excited to meet up with my Penang kakis again.. y'all just enjoy meeting ur kakis in KL or Spore while I wait for my share ok?? I'm just bored tonight.. REALLY bored..
Ok.. thanks for reading.. I'll go tok to myself in my room now.. tata..
WillZ
Nextnext week at this time, I'll still be bored. But at least I'll be home in Penang. I've got my parents to bug. I've got my grandma to tease. I've got a fat chubby dog to hug. I've got the 3 ringgit chinese burger to buy. WAIT, it's Tuesday nite. He doesn't open stall on Tuesdays. Bcause there's PASAR MALAM.
There's this lady at the pasar malam that is into charity. Why? Cos she GIVES SO MUCH FOR HER WAN THAN MEE! My fren warned me never to order extra noodles one. But I wanted to give her a shot.. and I regretted. She served enough noodles to keep for 3 meals (instead of saying 'a lifetime', '3 meals' la.. realistic la ya). The amount of wantan she give ar... wahhh.. ok ok.. in a nutshell - It'S A lOT!!! And you know how much I eat one rite?
My fren ask me to bring the noodles back to the aunty n say, "Oi ah ee, lu siau liau ar? hor anh neh zhe.. jiak si lang ar? hoi yo..."
(Rough translation : "Oi aunty, u crazy liau izzit? give so much.. want humans to die from eating it ar? hoi yo...")
Yup, and I'll go buy the fried sotong balls, 5 for 2 ringgit. If i'm in an unhealthy mood I'll buy the fried chicken skin.. damn oily n disgusting.. but syok!!
And the mini murtabak for 1.50.. that one buy n keep for supper at 2am. And I'll buy like maybe 3 bottles of head n shoulders shampoo, imported (maybe smuggled) from Thailand.. for like maybe 10 ringgit per bottle.
Buy the AAA Sony batteries for like 4.50 ringgit for 4. (Again, could b smuggled or stolen one)
Will look around for small little nifty toys. Gadgets like.. ermm.. the laser pointer pens, super cheap. Ok, for those who do not know, I actually spend very little in Melbourne one. For those who know, right or not???? But in Penang ar.. I actually dun mind spending money on things dat i like one.. cos it's CHEAP. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. I usually dun spend money on things dat are more than 10 ringgit la, but imagine buying 10 things that cost less than 10 ringgit.. could amount to like 100 ringgit in a day u know. Oklarrrrr.. to some of you it's still so little.. ahhhh.. forget it. My policy is this, why spend more for something if you can spend less for the same thing? n maybe a better one? The thing is, I got frens who enjoy the same thing too! They are my Barnabases, encouragers of the bigandcheap principle.. =)
There's this fella Alex that knows where to get all these elcheapo stuff. He's the one that brot me n gang to just hang out in a hotel lobby bcos got air cond. When the guard comes ar, he just tells him "We wanted to go to the pub downstairs, but not open. So since we're already here, we decided to just sit around a bit." Which is true! If the pub is OPEN, we'll just say, "We didn't really like the environment there after a while, so decided to come up and sit instead." Which is ALSO true! Can't win la they all..
I can't wait to meet up with my friends! Leslie, Alex and Terry-boy.. Let's go western Foo and eat James food! Where else in the world do they give u brown sos, chicken chop sos, black pepper sos and tartare sos with Chicken Cordon Bleu? hahahaha... 2 more weeks till the "tok kok no.1s" meet up again.. I'm 25 now, but everytime we meet I feel like I'm 17 again.. too bad KewlZ and 1e can't b ard..
Can't wait to meet up with Serene, Jocelyn, Ching Wei and Xe Hui again... Chilli's lagi ke? MAHAL le tempat tu.. tukar lain ya?
These gals rock.. Feb this year all it took was one fon call a night before and they were willing to sacrifice their time to come from all over just to meet me. I'm honored. Summore Jocelyn fell sick that very night! haihhh..
Really hope I can make a trip to KL to meet y'all.. beauties and the beast.. This time things will be so different eh? ;)
Ok... 2 more weeks for me to dig out my Penang suit.. can't blif life is so different in Melbourne and Penang.
Sorry if this post makes no sense to a majority of you reading it.. but I'm just excited to meet up with my Penang kakis again.. y'all just enjoy meeting ur kakis in KL or Spore while I wait for my share ok?? I'm just bored tonight.. REALLY bored..
Ok.. thanks for reading.. I'll go tok to myself in my room now.. tata..
WillZ
2 Comments:
At 10:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
aargh..i share ur eagerness to be back home!! im jealous of reading people's blogs already abt how they're home!! hey...its been a looong time since ive been to penang...i want to try out all that food ure talking abt..yuumm...3 more weeks for me too!-deathtoblue
At 11:46 AM,
WillZ said…
heyyya lyn!!! come to penang! come visit.. the food's great.. but it's damn dirty.. hahaha.. if you can stomach it.. come makan..
3 more weeks.. u can do it! i will remember you in my struggles in melbourne...
Post a Comment
<< Home