<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Monday, December 06, 2004

I think I'm hot!

Been 4 days of feverish temperatures and my body is still not wanting to get better.

Did a research on what fever is. It's just a symptom of something else that's not right. The signs and symptoms of a fever depend on what is causing it. At first, a fever can cause a chill. When the brain raises the body's "thermostat," the body responds by shivering to raise the temperature. Shivering produces heat in the body. Once the temperature goes up, the person often feels warm. When the fever goes away, the person may start to sweat.

I've been experiencing up and downs of these... shivers, hot.. shivers, hot.. if this goes on for a few more days I think I'll start to get worried. Heard of horrible consequences of such symptoms if not treated promptly. Brain damage!

For now, it's paracetamol every 6 hours, partial fasting, lots of H2O, resting in bed. I might hafta use my granma's method of fever exorcism - cut yourself all over ur body with a pen knife, rub salt on it and go for a cold shower.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home