<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sowing of the seed...

Mom and dad probably don't have a lot of possessions on earth. Everything they own is a blessing, not from running a business or investments. Just plain work and savings. When I listen to them talk about what they went through last time, I want to have a glimpse of it... because what they possess today is definitely worth more than gold.

Mom in particular sowed a lot into the lives of her children. We didn't get the best of the best materially. We had to order barley when we were young and were denied fresh orange juice because they simply didn't have enough money to spend on those things. But I have no complaints. I think mom can be proud of her 3 children growing up with the fear of the Lord. Mom never held anything back when it came to us 3 learning about God, serving Him... fellowshipping with people that will guide us in His footsteps.

Listening to my bro and sis share with me their experiences and how everything relates back to "we may not understand, but we can't give up on God." brings a warmth to my heart. No one can understand... why the loneliness, why the miscarriages, why the twists in life. Why are we sticking with God and giving Him another chance? The 3 of us may not be fulltime ministers that grow churches but we know we're fulltime lovers of God. And somehow I know mom and dad played a big part in keeping us close to His heart.

One of the greatest joys a parent can have is to see their children walking with God. When they walk with God, God walks with them. I want God to walk with my kids through their lives. I'm talking about the One who created the universe. The powerful One. Walking with my kids. It's something money can't buy. I don't want my kids to experience religion, I want them to experience salvation. I see many aunties and uncles in church whose children are walking without a a God-fearing heart or have wandered away and I think my mom is really blessed.

Mom sowed into our lives.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home