<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Thursday, June 24, 2004

From Duri-an to Rambut-an...

The other day we had a lesson on durian. Sporeans learned that durian comes from the root word 'duri' = thorns. Today, be enlightened that the word rambutan comes from the root word 'rambut', which means hair. Pretty creative eh? Got duri call it durian. Got rambut call it rambutan. If I were a fruit would they haf named me 'yangteramatbaikhatilucudankacaksekali-an'. I won't explain what the root word means. Ask your Malaysian friends to find out.

Instead of rambutan, we will concentrate on its root word today. To start off, how many of you think I should cut my hair? Please gimme comments cos I'm struggling with this issue of whether to cut it or leave it as it is. If you think my hair sucks either way, pls don't leave your real name with the comment, not wise.. not wise at all.

Inhairytance..

I'm glad that I'm not gonna b bald when I grow older, cos my dad still has a head full of hair. I have his genes, PHEW. Having loads of hair thruout my life enabled me to have different hairstyles. I'm sure every guy reading this have gone thru different hairstyles too (except maybe Wang Wei + Eddie).

Penangkia days..

** When I was lil toddler I had the army crew cut style. The barber probably took a minute or 2. He popped Maggi into the boiling pot, shaved my head and took Maggi out. The texture off the noodles would be just nice.

** As I started to grow up in kindy and primary skool, my parents tot it was cool for me to haf the William Hung hair-do. Must haf dat well defined line on the left side of my head. Comb the hair in opposite directions using the line as the division. Not cool.

Penang Chung Ling days..

** High school came and things rocked. I started to let my hair grow, especially the front. Back then we had this trend where ppl wanna see if the hair can touch their mouths. Everything I go to the barber I'd tell him, "Front dowan short ok." Thruout high school I had to gel my hair EVERYday. A fly landed on it once, n it couldn't find a grip.. slide straight down. I was a prefect so I can't book for long hair offences if my own hair was hanging down the front.

One of my high school hairstyle was the Jimmy Lin/Aaron Kwok puffy kind. Had to gel it a lil bit, blow it dry, n comb a little to give it a more natural look. I don't have wavy hair, so the gel-blowdry-comb method was the most effective.

I also went thru a year of undercuts. IT WAS UGLY. But back then ar, quite cool one leh. The sides are all botak - so when I comb, I'd gel the hair up n back, exposing the botakness, a very naked feeling.

Penang KDU days..

** College came and went. Changed hairdressers a few times. Indian barber to Chinese lady, tried a malay barber too. The Indian fella cut my hair since I was a lil kid, so everytime my dad goes he'd ask where I was. I betrayed him. He must've been hurt.

The malay barber was funny. Had this pricelist sign that says "Gunting rambut - RM4. Gunting rambut stail - RM7". (Haircut - RM4. Haircut with style - RM7.) He charged me RM7, n the cut was crap. Imagine if I asked for the normal RM4 haircut. He would probably put a coconut shell on my head and cut off all visible hair. Never went back there again.

Melbourne and Uni days..

** MELBOURNE! I had long hair in 2001, didn't cut it for a year. At first it wasn't too bad.. then it grew ugly bcos it was too long. I had a desire to not cut it for a year just for record's sake. So I steadfastly held on to that promise and ran a good race of faith. Sorry guys, those of you who saw me from bhind in OCF and felt attracted. Guess you didn't know I was a guy huh. Gosh, I feel like Miriam. Thanks to all of you who remained a fren thruout the ugly long hair stage of my life. I was glad i cut it.. bcos..

I started to cut my hair short.. like messy short.. isn't too bad la.. i've not touched my comb for 2 years now.. fingers n gel, they work swell.. got used to it oredi.. so should I change my hairstyle?

# TIP : Never cut your hair or mess with it just before your graduation.. it's good to learn from experience, preferably others.. you can learn from mine.

Anyway, I don't know why I started this post.. it is the kind of topic dat requires loads of detail, and blogs should b fun, not boring wif details. Tok to me more about hair in person la.. I oso lazy to write oredi.. haha.. bottomline is, I'm glad I had the chance to try different hairstyles..

Botak head, why you come to school so late..

Here's a joke to leave y'all thinking..

Those who have a receding hairline are ppl who think too much.
Those who have a balding patch at the back like Zidane are ppl who are sexy.
Those who have a receding hairline and a balding patch are ppl who think they are sexy.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home