<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Monday, June 21, 2004

The presence of God...

I want to go where the rivers cannot overflow me
Where my feet are on the rock
I want to hide where the blazing fire cannot burn me
In Your presence O God

In Your presence, that’s where I am strong
In Your presence, O Lord my God
In Your presence, that’s where I belong
Seeking Your face
Touching Your grace
In the cleft of the rock
In Your presence o God

I want to hide where the flood of evil cannot reach me
Where I’m covered by the blood
I want to be where the schemes of darkness cannot touch me
In Your presence O God

You are my firm foundation
I trust in You all day long
I am Your child and Your servant
And You are my strength and my song
You’re my song


Daddy knows..

My prayer today is that each and every one of you would experience God, His tangible presence, a place where doubt and fear has no ground, a place where you can laugh and cry with Him, a place where uncertainty doesn't matter because you're with your Daddy.

When we were young, we'd go out with our fathers. All he told us was we were going to the park. We got all excited, jumped up and down. We didn't worry about whether the car had enough petrol, which road had a traffic jam. Didn't worry about which train ticket to buy, which platform to board the train. Didn't worry about whether we'd have water to drink after games. We know our daddy would settle it all, he was the expert in this, he's the pro. Our job was to hold his hand, and watch where our daddy's footsteps were heading and just follow.

Let us translate that to our lives, our walk with God, our existence on earth. Seek His heart above all, spend time in His presence and let Him search our hearts. Read Psalm 139. >1< Delight in Him and He will make His desires your desires. >2< Watch where our heavenly Father's footsteps are leading and mix that with faith. >3<

What sorta faith?

Skip this paragraph if you're not into deep things. =)

Was reading Hebrews 11 >4< and I noticed something. Was discussing with a fren last nite about whether we'd still be faithful and obedient when we will not see God's promises come true in our lifetime. Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son, and he knew God would spare Isaac bcos God promised dat thru Isaac dat his offspring will be reckoned. But Abraham never did see that promise come true in his lifetime.

Verse 39 mentions "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised", and verse 13 "All these people were still living by faith when they died". Will we be faithful to God when we die?

Here's a tough question many of us at this age gotta answer - Will we still love God and serve Him faithfully if we were to remain single for life? Oooo.. I shudder at the thought of that, I hope I can. Will we still work hard >5< and walk in integrity even if we won't be able to earn big bucks and haf a wonderful career in our lives? It's much easier to say trust God when we have visible guaranteed results, when the outcome can be engineered by human effort - but some of these questions we have no answers to.

Let us purpose in our hearts to remain faithful to God, even in times when we do not know whether God will bless us, give us a spouse, heal our sickness or provide us jobs. Be like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, to be able to say, "...even if he does not (save us from the fire), we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." >6<


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home