Wat's your flava?
I think most of us who studied overseas can cook. I won't mention names of those who can't. If you can't, you must be thinking that I'm thinking of your name now. You're probably right. =)
Having said that, even can cook and can cook well is totally different rite? I've always wanted to cook really well like all the other cool guys (won't mention names to prevent ego inflation), guess these things are somehow in the blood? I get jealous and envious sometimes, but to each is given their own talents, so we should not compare talents but make full use of it, even if it is only ONE talent. I bet I can hold the "mmm" sound longer than they can! Bachelor Dawn, wanna challenge again? =)
Mun Keong and I have been inviting ppl over for Saturday nite dinners for the past awqhasdf years of our lives. Those we invited feel that sometimes our cooking sucks, and sometimes it turns out well due to unknown reasons. We will keep practising till it's perfect. My rational for now is this - those who think it sucks were probably brought up eating food that tastes different from our cooking. The fault lies not in our cooking skills.. HAHA.. Those who think it's good will probably come back week after week.
Found your flava yet?
Was just talking to a fren last night and she mentioned the way we cook, the taste and all, is very much influenced by the way our moms n grandmas cook. I couldn't agree more.
Just take soup for example. Some like it salty, some like it sweet, some like it clear, some like it muddy, some like it BURNING hot, some like it warm. In terms of taste, if your momma fed you salty soup ever since you're young.. you might complain dat the soup that I cook is too bland. Others might say i'm crazy to put so much salt; they must've been drinking plain hot water all the while, having been told it's really pumpkin soup and is good for their health.
To wrap it all up, even if me and Mun Keong's cooking isn't the best in the suburb, we're both truly satisfied to know that ppl enjoy coming over bcos of the fellowship, the movies, the games, the laughter, the dark corridors, the cold brickwalls, and the out of place background music.. monetary donations (I shall believe! by faith!) are also very satisfying.. Last but not least, it's good to know dat we sparked off some dinner trends.. *TSKTSK*.. must claim credit before someone else does..
WillZ
Having said that, even can cook and can cook well is totally different rite? I've always wanted to cook really well like all the other cool guys (won't mention names to prevent ego inflation), guess these things are somehow in the blood? I get jealous and envious sometimes, but to each is given their own talents, so we should not compare talents but make full use of it, even if it is only ONE talent. I bet I can hold the "mmm" sound longer than they can! Bachelor Dawn, wanna challenge again? =)
Mun Keong and I have been inviting ppl over for Saturday nite dinners for the past awqhasdf years of our lives. Those we invited feel that sometimes our cooking sucks, and sometimes it turns out well due to unknown reasons. We will keep practising till it's perfect. My rational for now is this - those who think it sucks were probably brought up eating food that tastes different from our cooking. The fault lies not in our cooking skills.. HAHA.. Those who think it's good will probably come back week after week.
Found your flava yet?
Was just talking to a fren last night and she mentioned the way we cook, the taste and all, is very much influenced by the way our moms n grandmas cook. I couldn't agree more.
Just take soup for example. Some like it salty, some like it sweet, some like it clear, some like it muddy, some like it BURNING hot, some like it warm. In terms of taste, if your momma fed you salty soup ever since you're young.. you might complain dat the soup that I cook is too bland. Others might say i'm crazy to put so much salt; they must've been drinking plain hot water all the while, having been told it's really pumpkin soup and is good for their health.
To wrap it all up, even if me and Mun Keong's cooking isn't the best in the suburb, we're both truly satisfied to know that ppl enjoy coming over bcos of the fellowship, the movies, the games, the laughter, the dark corridors, the cold brickwalls, and the out of place background music.. monetary donations (I shall believe! by faith!) are also very satisfying.. Last but not least, it's good to know dat we sparked off some dinner trends.. *TSKTSK*.. must claim credit before someone else does..
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home