<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The Will of God

To tell you the truth, I want to be God's Will. A Will of God that does His will. I've had some people approach me regarding God's will, His plan, His dreams for us. I did some reading, some thinking, and I've learned a few things.

God's will for us has already been revealed. Yes, each and every person. All we ever need to know is already written in the Bible. Everything in this book is to equip us to do His work, His will. >1< I believe many of our daily choices can be guided by His Word. >2< Want to know His will? Read His Word.

Yes, we can be motivated by dreams, visions, big things that we want to accomplish for God in our lives. And the way we go about it is to be faithful in the little things that He has instructed us to do thru His Word. I read something interesting, and I quote :

"We have a tendency to seek God’s will for big decisions of life such as schooling, marriage, vocation or an important relocation, but neglect Him in the many little issues He talks about in His Word. This may indicate that our motive is not to please Him, but merely to avoid the unpleasantness that inevitably accompanies a major mistake."

It is more important to know your Caller than your calling. What you want to accomplish for God may not be what He desires for you to accomplish. Before we become a Martha and go about doing His work, let us be a Mary - sitting at His feet and adoring Him, listening to His stories, His desires, His experiences, His instructions.

Focus on the things that He has already instructed us to do, and you'll begin to see yourself living the dreams He has for you. If God wants you to be a youth pastor one day, obey His Word, work on the lil things (change of heart & attitude, etc), and be faithful. He'll open the door when the time is right. If you're struggling with not having a dream, I'd suggest you start by chasing the dream-giver rather than the dream.

Why am I blogging so seriously all of a sudden? Cause I love you people, and my heart is for you. More than just entertaining y'all, I want to impart some of the truths I've learned. It saddens me to know that some of us may end up chasing dreams rather than the source of that dream. The gift rather than the Giver.

I'm still on a journey, just like every one of you reading this. I too gotta follow what I've just shared. I've learned from my person experience that even the things I planned to do for God may not necessarily be what He wanted me to do. >3< Let us truly know our God, and not just claim that Christianity is a relationship because someone told us it is. I do know it's tough, I struggle with it daily. But we'll at least try ya?!

For further reference, this is a good read. Got heaps from it.

WWW

~ In order to receive the direction from God you must be able to receive the correction from God.

My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faith when thou art rebuked of him: For whome the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth. - Hebrews 12:5b, 6

Sorry for the long post. But I'm glad I said what I said! =D


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home