<body>

MealZ on WillZ

food for thought : haf sum wholesome home-cooked mealz...

Friday, June 11, 2004

Jerebu!

I'm sure many of you have experienced 'smoke' coming out of your mouth when you breathe, talk or burp in freezing temperatures. Based on that, I think last night the whole Melbourne population was breathing, talking and burping outdoors. Did you guys see how 'smokey' it was this morning? The things that come out of your mouths. ;)

If my grandma was here she'd have said, "Aiyoh, haze ar!". Yea, the fog / mist was thick. Reminds me so much of Genting Highlands, surrounded by clouds. And for you Jenting fans out there, Jerebu means Haze in Malay.

And the awards goes to...

Somebody congratulate me. I finally finished the 40-day Purpose Driven Life book in 9 months. Don't ask me how I did it so quickly. Sheer motivation maybe? Ok, maybe I'm not good at reading and finishing books.. but explain to me why it took me only a day to finish books like "I Kissed Dating Goodbye", "Boy Meets Girl", "Choosing God's Best", etc? (Yeah Yee Seng, includes the book you passed to me too.. hahaha) It's a mystery, really.

I got no excuse already. From now on, the things that I do should be on purpose. That includes making fun of others, stealing your mail and kicking the cat. (some ppl dun lock their mailbox one - you know who you are, *tsktsk*)

On a serious note, I'll quote a passage from the book that might encourage some of us; especially those who are afraid they might miss out on God's will.

"You may wonder, "What about God's will for my job or marriage or where I'm supposed to live or go to school?" Honestly, these are secondary issues in your life, and there may be multiple possibilities that would all be in God's will for you. What matters most is that you fulfill God's eternal purposes regardless of where you live or work or whom you marry. Those decisions should support your purposes."

Would I recommend the book? Yup. Just don't take 9 months to finish it.


WillZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home