No compromise...
Some random things from a guy that's high with mucus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sure many of us guys battle with whether to live a life of a goody two shoes, or to live a life with some badboy elements in it.
I'll wanna live adventurously walking God's way. It may look more like a man to swear, drink, flirt, smoke, gamble.. to be rough and tough. But it takes a man to say there's no compromise when it comes to issues that God has put in His Word for us to follow. To be a man of principles, based on conviction by the Word of God.
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is —His good, pleasing and perfect will.
A friend recently expressed that a lot of Christianity is about the mind. Controlling our mind, telling ourselves what to do. I'd have to agree. That's what the Bible very openly tells us. The mind has the power to imagine, create, and inspire you to speak. If words are powerful and the tongue holds the power of life and death (Prov 18:21), how much more powerful is the mind that control the tongue?
2 Cor 10:3-5
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Self control is mind control.
Psalm 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
There's a difference between positive confession and Bible confession. Positive confession has so much to do with self, and focusing / directed on self. Bible confession is focusing on God, directed toward His Word.
That brings another interesting thought to my mind. People who do not believe in God will still be successful. There are tons of successful ppl in the world who do not acknowledge Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. The difference lies yet again in self and God. It's also interesting to note that most people who are lying down on their deathbed, although having led a successful life - would consider that there is a divine greater being out there.
Nothing philosophical here. I can't make it by myself in this world. Remember how Dan Lian said someone mentioned to him that God is just a crutch to Christians? They call upon Him when they are in need, turn to Him for help in times of trouble. I'm sure many of us do that, but there is no need to feel guilty - because that is what God wants us to do.
How then do we know if God is our crutch? Well, a crutch is something that gets you where you want to go. A crutch doesn't have a say of where you're heading. If you're turning to Him for help but you don't wanna go where He wants you to go, I can safely say you're using Him as a crutch. Yeah, start feeling convicted.. it's a good thing.
The principle to wear in your heart is - "I'm His vehicle". He drives me wherever He wants to go. When we allow Him to conform our hearts to His, we can seek Him first in everything and see things added to our lives. I truly believe there's a condition to be met for God to bless us in certain ways.
Death to self, live for Him. I hope I'll be able to do that one day.
WillZ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sure many of us guys battle with whether to live a life of a goody two shoes, or to live a life with some badboy elements in it.
I'll wanna live adventurously walking God's way. It may look more like a man to swear, drink, flirt, smoke, gamble.. to be rough and tough. But it takes a man to say there's no compromise when it comes to issues that God has put in His Word for us to follow. To be a man of principles, based on conviction by the Word of God.
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is —His good, pleasing and perfect will.
A friend recently expressed that a lot of Christianity is about the mind. Controlling our mind, telling ourselves what to do. I'd have to agree. That's what the Bible very openly tells us. The mind has the power to imagine, create, and inspire you to speak. If words are powerful and the tongue holds the power of life and death (Prov 18:21), how much more powerful is the mind that control the tongue?
2 Cor 10:3-5
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Self control is mind control.
Psalm 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
There's a difference between positive confession and Bible confession. Positive confession has so much to do with self, and focusing / directed on self. Bible confession is focusing on God, directed toward His Word.
That brings another interesting thought to my mind. People who do not believe in God will still be successful. There are tons of successful ppl in the world who do not acknowledge Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. The difference lies yet again in self and God. It's also interesting to note that most people who are lying down on their deathbed, although having led a successful life - would consider that there is a divine greater being out there.
Nothing philosophical here. I can't make it by myself in this world. Remember how Dan Lian said someone mentioned to him that God is just a crutch to Christians? They call upon Him when they are in need, turn to Him for help in times of trouble. I'm sure many of us do that, but there is no need to feel guilty - because that is what God wants us to do.
How then do we know if God is our crutch? Well, a crutch is something that gets you where you want to go. A crutch doesn't have a say of where you're heading. If you're turning to Him for help but you don't wanna go where He wants you to go, I can safely say you're using Him as a crutch. Yeah, start feeling convicted.. it's a good thing.
The principle to wear in your heart is - "I'm His vehicle". He drives me wherever He wants to go. When we allow Him to conform our hearts to His, we can seek Him first in everything and see things added to our lives. I truly believe there's a condition to be met for God to bless us in certain ways.
Death to self, live for Him. I hope I'll be able to do that one day.
WillZ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home